We’re Hiring-Junior Designer
Clockwork Media is looking for an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic Junior Graphic Designer to join one of South Africa’s fastest growing agencies. This is a full-time position based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate needs outstanding design conceptual abilities, and the ability to produce unique and beautiful design concepts for a variety of formats.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to produce a portfolio of work is a non-negotiable.
- Have an expert understanding of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator– plus (ideally) an understanding of After Effects, and video production
- Have an ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Have an out of the box way of thinking
- Work well with people with varying personalities
- Be confident, resourceful, decisive, and willing to take initiative
- Be able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team, while fostering a collaborative and harmonious work environment
- Be able to keep cool under pressure and help others do the same
- Have strong project management skills, organizational skills and time management skill
- An understanding of Digital and Social is ideal.
- An understanding of HTML/video would be advantageous to the team.
- Being a gamer would be advantageous to the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creative ownership and conceptualization of both briefed in (campaign, always on) and innovative work.
- Ensure oversight and adherence to CI and brand guidelines.
- Ensure latest trends in design and marketing are tracked and utilized.
- Optimise and maximise creative standards.
- Search and deliver innovative ideas.
- Ensure the latest social media platforms, trends, content and tactics are known and utilized within the social media work.
- Ensure global social media best practices are adhered to.
- Generate clear ideas and creative concepts with the broader creative team.
- Produce basic sketches, storyboards, rough drafts to visualize ideas that will inspire designers.
- Understand the clients marketing goals and use these goals to strategically position the client to get the best response from the target audience.
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media.
- Take work from concept to final execution and achieve tight deadlines.
- Assist in the presentation of completed ideas to clients/team members.
If you feel like you are the right candidate for the position please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not receive any correspondence within 10 days please consider your application unsuccessful.