We are looking for a Community Manager to assist us in managing the online communities for a variety of tech, consumer and B2B brands.
The successful candidate needs outstanding communication skills, with a proven track record of managing Social Media pages and reporting effectively.
If your passion is Social Media and you are in tune with all the latest trends this is the position for you.
This is a full-time position based in Johannesburg working in a Social Media team with like-minded individuals.
All applications must include a copy of your CV and a Cover Letter.
Reporting to: Social Lead
- Develop sound content plans for a variety of clients
- Create engaging content for all social media platforms
- Engage and communicate with online communities, respond to comments and requests in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Ensure that communities are managed using client CI and response best practice
- Liaise with external agencies and client to ensure accurate brand representation
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and ensure design specs are correct per channel)
- Analyze traffic and metrics to websites pulling reports for clients on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Give data insights and relay that information to grow and develop the community.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
Working within a team
- Co-ordinate and discuss content plans with the team, bringing a high degree of knowledge and experience
- Work seamlessly and efficiently with team leads, fostering a collaborative work environment
- Ensure timely responses to requests from team members on all deliverables.
- Manage and follow up on delegated deliverables
- 2 years experience in the social media realm
- Proven experience as a Community Manager or in a similar social role
- Verifiable degrees and diplomas
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- A comprehensive knowledge of and proven experience of the market and industry
- Maturity and temperament to relate to a wide range of clientele
- Client focused, attention to detail, highly organised
- Ability to think strategically, execute quality work under multiple and competing deadlines and work extra hours as needed
- High level of creativity, inspiration and innovation
- Good interpersonal skills – confidence to present observations or advice to (senior) colleagues
- “Can do” attitude to take ownership and pride in deliverables
- Team player willing to adapt to a fast-paced environment and champion the Clockwork ethos
- Flexible and open to changes
- Practical problem solver