One of South Africa’s fastest growing agencies is looking for a dedicated, and enthusiastic Conceptual Copywriter.
The successful candidate needs outstanding conceptual copywriting skills, with a proven track record of producing eloquent and unique copy for a variety of formats. This is a full-time position based in Johannesburg working in a conceptual team with like-minded individuals.
All applications must include a copy of your CV and a comprehensive Portfolio of work
Reporting to: Creative Director
- Create original copy that is precise, punchy and grammatically correct.
- Adhere to strict briefs and deadlines
Ideation and Collaboration
- Conceptualize and develop ideas with Creative Director and Art Director to develop innovative Copy for pitches and projects.
- Generate ideas in clear and comprehensibly ways from concept to completion
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other Copywrites for execution ensuring they understand concept and delivery
- Present completed ideas to clients and team members
- Work closely with client briefs to understand their requirements that translates to ideation and concept
Working within a team
- Co-ordinate and discuss copy with the team bringing a high degree of knowledge and experience
- Work seamlessly and efficiently with team leads fostering a collaborative work environment
- Ensure timely response to requests from team members on all deliverables.
- Manage and follow up on delegated deliverable
- Exceptional copywriting skills in both long and short form copy
- Proven experience as a Copywriter or similar role
- Verifiable degrees and diplomas
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A comprehensive knowledge and proven experience of the market and industry
- High standard of integrity, service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Ability to move swiftly and capably from task to task, crisis management and emergencies
- Maturity and temperament to relate to a wide type of clientele
- Client focused, attention to detail, highly organized
- Ability to think strategically, execute quality work under multiple and competing deadlines and work extra hours as needed
- High level of creativity, inspiration, innovation and ability to think “outside the box”
- Good interpersonal skills – confidence to present observations/ advice to (senior) colleagues
- “Can do” attitude to take ownership and pride in deliverables
- Ability to work within a budget
- Experience of preparing high quality reports for internal or external presentation
- Team player willing to adapt to a fast-paced environment and champion the Clockwork ethos
- Flexible and open to changes
- Practical problem solver