Conceptual Graphic Designer/Art Director
Clockwork is currently looking for a Conceptual Graphic Designer/Art Director to create engaging and on-brand graphics and conceptualize campaigns for one of the largest gaming brands in the world.
Your designs should be eye-catching and communicate the right message. For this, you will need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you are conceptual, hardworking and have a passion for gaming, especially on console, this may be the position for you.
This is a full-time position based in Johannesburg.
Reporting to: Design Lead
- Confer with Design Lead, Copywriters, Animators and Project Managers to discuss the client’s needs and determine design
- Conceptualize and develop ideas in conjunction with your team members.
- Adhere to brief deadlines
- Strive to generate clear, innovative ideas and creative concepts
- Create original graphics and layouts for illustrations, logos, websites, social platforms and other agency specific purposes.
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team on campaigns spanning the full media spectrum.
- An expert understanding of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Ideally, an understanding of After Effects, video production and HTML
- Knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- The ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant degree or similar
- Be able to produce a strong portfolio of work (non-negotiable)
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Works well with people with varying personalities
- Is confident, resourceful, decisive, and willing to take initiative
- Able to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team
- The ability to keep cool under pressure and help others do the same
- A grasp of Digital and Social
- A drive to continually learn and grow professionally.