We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyse everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
The goal is to oversee operations in the finance department to set objectives throughout the year while enabling the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
As a successful FM, you will need to have excellent communication skills working closely with managers and other decision-makers. You will need to be experienced with various financial software applications to process financial information and create models for other departments.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts.
- Calculation and preparation of monthly tax returns within the organization for submission to SARS.
- Posting of month-end journals and management of month end close process.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Manage and review payment runs.
- Ensure the business is managed with the most effective cost structure.
- Monthly financial reporting to stakeholders.
- Full compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Calculations and maintenance of BEE procurement spends.
- Management of bookkeepers, creditors, and debtors.
- Assisting Client Service with project management and maintenance of job costing systems.
- Cashflow and revenue forecasting.
- Adhoc reporting such as profitability.
- Due diligence reviews.
- Assistance with year end audit and preparation of Income Tax returns
Requirements and skills
- CA(SA) or eligible to register CA(SA) with articles completed.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- Proficient user of finance software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- Deadline driven.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations