Human Capital Management Intern
Are you a graduate who is interested in both behavioural sciences and business management? If so, keep reading. Clockwork is looking for a Human Capital Management Intern to join Clockwork’s HR team. We’re offering the right candidate the opportunity to advance his/her knowledge of people’s behaviour at work, attracting, deploying, developing, retaining and optimising appropriate talent for the Agency.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate and show understanding of recruitment, learning and development, and be able to work towards the achievement of the Agency’s strategic and operational objectives.
All applications must include a copy of the applicants’ CV and a cover letter (as to why should Clockwork pick you to join its HR team).
Please kindly note that all applications must be submitted by the end of June 2021.
Reporting to: HR Manager
Personnel and Talent Management
- Assisting the HR Manager with conducting and supervising the recruitment process and the full recruitment cycle.
- To ensure a fair and equitable employment process and formal job grading, OFO job titles etc.
- Assist with ensuring that inherent requirements of a job reflect the needs of the Agency and that job functions are appropriate to achieve Clockwork’s production, services, and its interests.
- Scrutinize the relevance and applicability of outputs, skills, knowledge, competencies and educational requirements for job profiles or job descriptions before commencing with the recruitment process.
- Liaising with departmental heads for purposes of effective resourcing and assisting the HR department with the Agency’s WSP.
- Identifying staff training and development needs and ensuring that they are addressed and implemented.
- Drafting and submitting recruitment reports.
- Assisting the HR team with attracting a sustainable pool of talent for current objectives and future organisation needs and identifying high potential employees for future roles.
- Ensure the smooth running of the induction programmes, including employee orientation.
- Assist in planning, drafting, and updating Clockwork’s Induction booklet and ensuring that new starters have received/are aware of Clockwork’s Culture, Values and that clarity is provided with regards to the organisation’s philosophy.
Training and Capacity Building
- Building and ensuring organisational capability by providing and communicating employees with opportunities to develop new knowledge and skills.
- Keeping track of each conducted trainings and skills transfers within the organisation and readily proving a report on conducted trainings when requested.
- Must be a graduate (no work experience required).
- A qualification in HR Management or HR related will be advantageous.
- Must be able to commit to a 12 months internship programme.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- People orientated and personnel focused, attention to detail, and highly organised.
- Good interpersonal skills – confidence to present observations, liaison with departmental heads, staff members and job applicants.
- “Can do” attitude to take.
- Team player, willing to adapt to a fast-paced environment and champion the Clockwork ethos.
- Practical problem solver.
- Theoretical knowledge of people management and basic principles of business management.