We are looking for a Marketing Manager that has the capability of handling a wide range of assignments, projects, and activations to realize Clockworks marketing strategy within South Africa and the United Kingdom.
The Marketing Manager should be able to demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in all aspects of marketing including Digital, PR and Event Management.
They will have experience in project management, budgeting, strategy and have a business development mindset. They will have had experience working at a medium to large size agency as well as managing the deliverables of an agency.
This position reports directly to Exco and requires a high degree of autonomy, communication skills and knowledge of the industry that we serve.
Administration & General Skills:
- Build rapport with exco members and the general Clockwork teams.
- Anticipate and assist in developing solutions to needs and problems by working closely with key stakeholders.
- Manage projects – including implementation plans, project plans, budgets, and deadlines.
- Manage day to day deliverables effectively with a high attention to details.
- Develop and draft communication programmes based on briefings with Exco members.
- Can fully comprehend, articulate, and apply Clockworks visions, goals, practice areas, products, and overall capabilities.
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- Keeps their line manager in the know by appropriately informing them and those involved on the status of all projects/briefs.
- Has built and continues building relationships with the media to achieve Clockwork’s PR goals.
- Delivers Clockworks Digital Marketing objectives
- Manages all events and activations from start to reporting.
- The Marketing Manager needs to be able to articulate themselves and show etiquette when representing the agency, on the phone, over mail and in person.
- You will be presentable and champion the Clockwork ethos in your actions externally as well as internally.
- Develops their sub-editing and quality assurance skills so that they become capable of directing the production outputs of others.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about the agency and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn, improve and contribute towards the growth of the agency.
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues while looking for new ways to develop the agencies brand and reputation.
Process & Finance:
- Project management tools needs to be fully comprehended.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- The Marketing Manager is required to fully understand SLA’s and take ownership in their delivery.
- Ensure that all payments are tracked, delivered, and reported on.
- All tasks need to be assigned timeously to traffic for internal allocation.
- If a report is required from Ops, the Marketing Manager must be able to develop these reports quickly and efficiently.
- At least 4 – 7 years working as a Marketing Manager working directly for or with an advertising agency.
- Verifiable degrees and diplomas.
- Experience in Through the Line marketing campaigns.
- Experience in marketing in the United Kingdom and Europe advantageous.