Mid-Level Content Writer
A vacancy exists for a Mid-Level Content Writer with at least 2 years of professional writing experience, who can craft relevant, insightful and creative copy for a variety of clients.
This is a full-time position based in Johannesburg, and the candidate will join an established team of content specialists.
Reporting to: Content Lead
- Liaising with Account Managers and clients and interpreting their briefs
- Becoming familiar with clients’ products and services, target audiences, and competitors’ activities
- Writing clear, persuasive, and original copy
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar
- Amending, revising, and rewriting in response to feedback from the account team, creative team, or clients
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends
- Assisting with the development of content strategies
- Attending brainstorm and training session with clients when required
- Leading the conceptual copywriting and implementation of exceptional digital campaigns
- Working with the entire creative team to create exceptional work
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Participation in strategic brainstorms, campaign development activities, creative brief development, and creative execution.
- The ability to research and write great copy on a cross-section of subjects
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills
- Flawless grammar
- Effective time management and the ability to adhere to tight deadlines while under pressure (working closely with the traffic manager).
- Relevant degree or similar
- At least 2 years’ professional writing experience (web, media, and social writing experience is advantageous)
- A way with words and a keen interest in business and technology
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- The ability to understand and replicate various tones and styles according to different audiences
- Adept at creating both long and short forms of copy
- The ability to take criticism and work within clients’ expectations
- An eye for detail
- A desire to constantly learn, improve and grow professionally
- The ability to be a generally awesome and quirky person who can take a joke (or 50).