PR Account Manager
We are looking for a Public Relations Account Manager (AM) that has the capability of handling a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high degree of success and independence.
The AM should demonstrate a high-level of professional knowledge, they should be able to manage 1 large account or a few smaller accounts with input and guidance from his/her account director, group account director or business unit director. The AM must have full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives. The AM will be the client’s day to day contact who is able to obtain their trust and confidence.
This person should have sufficient project management, media relations, budgeting, mentoring/people management, and business development skillsets. There is an expectation of taking responsibility for the portfolios they manage by providing excellent client service, offering diligence, and aiming for profitable growth.
It is the AM’s duty to build and mentor the SAE/AE working with them to better deliver all expectations on the account, of the client and of Clockwork Media.
Administration & General PR Skills:
- Build rapport with clients and develop strong client relationships,
- Manage client expectations.
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems.
- Manage projects/programmes – including implementation plans, project plans, budgets, and deadlines.
- Develops and draft communication programmes based on team input.
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities.
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- Keep their team/s and line manager in the know by appropriately informing them and those involved on the status of all projects/briefs.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Oversees and directs media campaigns.
- Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists.
- Has strong presentation skills and plays an increasingly active role in new business and client presentations.
- Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group, and agency leader.
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources.
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts.
- Provides leadership in building effective, productive account teams.
- Shows Initiative and general management.
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values
- Delegates effectively.
- Routinely recommends and implements solutions when problems arise.
- Assists peers in problem solving.
- Participates actively in team, staff, and client meetings.
- Works with business director to identify and address training, leadership, and career development needs.
- Produce media monitoring/reporting for clients singularly or with the assistance of your senior account executive or account executive (if applicable.)
- It is expected that the AM is to identify and adequately escalate issues which may arise to their line manager in a timeous manner.
- An AM needs to be able to articulate themselves and show etiquette when representing the agency, on the phone, over mail and in person.
- Respect and time management are very important at Clockwork. If one is not able to attend any meeting, both internal and external, it is expected that the employee would excuse themselves accordingly.
- Develops their editing skills so that they become capable of directing the written materials of others.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn, improve and contribute towards the growth of their account and the business.
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues while looking for new ways to develop their clients brand reputation.
Process & Finance
- Project management tools needs to be fully comprehended.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures, and ensures that team does the same.
- The AM is required to fully understand the SLA of a given account working towards optimal servicing of the account.
- Manage billable hours by keeping a recon of time spent to date, in order to manage over & under servicing of the account.
- The AM is required to ensure that the account invoicing is processed through a monthly (retainer) or adhoc billing instruction.
- Develops an awareness of account management issues; flags problems and offers early solutions.
- All tasks need to be assigned timeously to traffic for internal allocation.
- Monthly Project plans need to be scheduled for account management.
- If a report is required from Ops, the AM needs to know how to undergo pulling and completing job recons, raising, and invoicing invoices as per SLA lead times.