PR Account Manager
Reporting to: Senior Account Manager or Account Director
An Account Manager has the capability of handling a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high degree of success and independence.
An AM should demonstrate a high-level of professional knowledge and skills, they should be able to manage 1 large account or a few smaller accounts with input and guidance from his/her account director, group account director or business unit director. The AM must have full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives. The AM will be the clients day to day contact who is able to obtain their trust and confidence.
This person should have sufficient project management, budgeting, mentoring/people management, and business development skillsets. There is an expectation of taking responsibility for the projects they manage by providing excellent client service, offering diligence and aiming for profitable growth.
It is the AM’s duty to build and mentor the AE working underneath them to better deliver all expectations on the account, of the client and of Clockwork Media.
- Build rapport with clients and develop strong client relationships,
- Manage client expectations
- Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and problems
- Manage projects/programmes – including implementation plans, project plans, budgets and deadlines
- Develops and draft communication programmes based on team input
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively
- Keep their team/s and line manager in the know by appropriately informing them and those involved on the status of all projects/briefs
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving
- Oversees and directs media campaigns
- Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists
- Has strong presentation skills and plays an increasingly active role in new business and client presentations
- Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts
- Provides leadership in building effective, productive account teams.
- Shows Initiative and general management
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values
- Delegates effectively
- Routinely recommends and implements solutions when problems arise.
- Assists peers in problem solving
- Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings
- Works with business director to identify and address training, leadership and career development needs
- Produce media monitoring/reporting for clients singularly or with the assistance of your account executive (if applicable)
- Develops their editing skills so that they become capable of directing the written materials of others
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response
- Continually seeks new ways to learn, improve and contribute towards the growth of their account and the business
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues while looking for new ways to develop their clients brand reputation