PR Group Account Director
We are looking for a Public Relations Group Account Director (GAD) that has the capability of leading and giving strategic direction on a portfolio of clients.
The GAD should have the ability to drive innovative thinking by giving strategic direction and driving the success of their clients. They should be able to demonstrate a high-level of professional knowledge and skills in the Financial services sector and be able to manage, guide and direct multiple Account Directors (AD). The GAD must have a full understanding of public relations with demonstrated experience achieving strategic objectives and growing portfolios. The GAD will oversee the client(s)/business unit(s) as one of the top points of escalation regarding crisis management and strategic vision.
This person should be well groomed in project management, media relations, budgeting, mentoring/people management, and business development skillsets. With the ability to transfer this skill set to their team. There is an expectation of taking full responsibility for the portfolios in their department by delivering sound advice and examples of excellent client service and business development opportunities.
It is the GAD’s duty to build and mentor their teams Account Directors (AD), Senior Account Managers (SAM) and Account Executives (AE). Training and mentoring them to give them the necessary tools to deliver above and beyond on client expectations.
General PR and Administrative Skills:
- Help building rapport with Client to build the reputation of the AD’s and SAM’s servicing them
- Ensure that all deliverables are being met with a high point of accuracy on the accounts using your experience to guide and train the team
- Assist in top level crisis management being one of the top levels of escalations
- Keep on the pulse of the account to anticipate problems by intrinsically being involved in all developments
- Manage the development of projects/programmes – including the implementation of these plans, getting involved in budgeting and SLA’s
- Guide and mentor the strategy and drafting of communication programmes leveraging the strategic input of your team instead of dictating the strategy
- Ensure that the agency vision(s) is being applied through all output to achieve our strategic goals and ethics
- Take responsibility for the success of the account’s strategy and objectives
- Always keep the BUD apprised of all developments on the account and escalate issues when intervention is required
- Be the main source of knowledge of business trends for industry segment/products and in particular the financial services sector to keep our strategy and outputs relevant with the times.
- Should be able to draw on the talents of colleagues in own problem solving and planning
- Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists and able to transfer those relationships to the team
- Has outstanding presentation skills and will play an active continuous role in new business development
- Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts
- Has experience in building effective, productive account teams using current resources as well as making decisions in the hiring process of building their team
- Effectively manages their employees regarding training, development and disciplinary
- Delegates effectively
- Assists peers in problem solving
- Leads and participates actively in team, staff and client meetings
- It is expected that the GAD is to identify and escalate issues to the BUD
- A GAD needs to be able to articulate themselves and show etiquette when representing the agency, on the phone, over mail and in person
- Respect and time management are very important at Clockwork. If one is not able to attend any meeting, both internal and external, it is expected that the employee would excuse themselves accordingly
- Continually develops their editing skills so that they become capable of directing the written materials of others
- Is interested in their clients, works actively seeking opportunities to know more about their services and how Clockwork can contribute to their success
- Continually seeks new ways to learn, improve and contribute towards the growth of their account and the business
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues while looking for new ways to develop their clients brand reputation
- Understands and develops their knowledge on all Clockwork through the line offerings to further the development of the account
Process & Finance:
- Project management tools needs to be fully comprehended
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures, and ensures that team does the same
- The GAD is required to fully understand the SLA of a given account working towards overseeing the optimal servicing of the account
- Manage billable hours by keeping a recon of time spent to date for yourself and the team, to manage over & under servicing of the account
- The GAD is required to oversee and ensure that the account invoicing is processed through a monthly (retainer) or adhoc billing instruction
- If a report is required from Ops, the GAD understand how to undergo pulling and completing job recons, raising and invoicing invoices as per SLA lead times while critically appraising them for accuracy.