Clockwork, an award-winning, independent creative and communications agency with headquarters in Johannesburg and London, is looking for a senior writer with business or financial writing experience to join our growing content team. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to work with a variety of prestigious clients and rewarding projects, creating long and short form content.
To excel in this position, you’ll need outstanding writing and research skills, with a proven track record of producing insightful, evidence-based writing in a variety of formats. You’ll have experience writing business or financial content for different audiences and platforms.
All applications must include a copy of your CV and a portfolio of work.
Reporting to: Content Lead
- Create must-read content that is accurate, insightful, grammatically correct and meets client goals
- Become familiar with clients’ products and services, target audiences, and competitors’ activities
- Conduct interviews with clients to inform content creation
- Amend, revise and rewrite in response to feedback from the account team, creative team, or clients
- Assist with the development of content strategies
- Adhere to briefs and strict deadlines
- Research quickly and efficiently and translate your research into writing on a wide range of subjects
- Critically analyse and interrogate information presented to you
- Understand basic stats, figures and graphs and use them to support an argument
Working within a team
- Work seamlessly and efficiently within a team, fostering a collaborative work environment
- Ensure timely responses to requests from team members on all deliverables.
- Manage and follow up on delegated deliverables
- 5+ years of experience in a writing role
- Experience with long form writing is essential, experience with B2B or financial writing is advantageous
- Verifiable degrees and diplomas
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- A comprehensive knowledge of and proven experience of the market and industry
- Maturity and temperament to relate to a wide range of clientele
- Client focused, attention to detail, highly organised
- Ability to think strategically, and execute quality work while meeting deadlines
- High level of creativity, inspiration and innovation
- Good interpersonal skills – confidence to present observations or advice to (senior) colleagues
- “Can do” attitude to take ownership and pride in deliverables
- Team player willing to adapt to a fast-paced environment and champion the Clockwork ethos
- Flexible and open to changes
- Practical problem solver