Senior Graphic Designer
If you’re looking for a position where you can develop as a Designer and work on game-changing projects, this role might be for you.
Clockwork, a globally recognized, independent creative and communications agency with headquarters in Johannesburg and London, is looking for a Senior Designer to join our growing Design team. As a Senior Designer, you’ll be responsible for producing innovative, high-quality designs across a range of well-known clients and brands.
Reporting to: Executive Creative Director
- Confer with Executive Creative Director, Creative Director and Account Managers to discuss the client’s needs and determine design.
- Conceptualize and develop award-winning designs and ideas with the Executive Creative Director, Creative Director and Account Managers through completion of final product, making improvements as needed during review stages.
- Work closely with the copy and video teams to effectively bring a brand message to life through design.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all design projects.
- Adhere to brief deadlines.
- Review the work of junior designers to give guidance and feedback.
- Attend brainstorms and workshops to better understand client requirements and contribute to projects.
- Stay up to date with changing trends and industry best practice.
- Strive to generate clear, innovative ideas and creative concepts.
- Create original graphics and layouts for illustrations, logos, websites, social platforms, and other agency specific purposes, using graphic design software.
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team on campaigns spanning the full media spectrum.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Adobe InDesign and Adobe illustrator) and other design software.
- Ideally, an understanding of After Effects, video production and HTML.
- Experience designing digital media (including websites and social media).
- Knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Creativity combined with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and time-management skills.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant degree or similar.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Be able to produce a stand-out portfolio of designs and creative projects (non-negotiable).
- Out-of-the-box thinking.
- Works well with people with varying personalities.
- Is confident, resourceful, decisive, and willing to take initiative.
- Able to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team.
- The ability to keep cool under pressure and help others do the same.
- A grasp of Digital and Social, with a keen interest in industry trends.
- A drive to continually learn and grow professionally.